All Ayahs of Quran has significance in their own some of them are more prominent one of them is Ayatul Kursi.
Importance of Ayatul Kursi
Ayatul Kursi is an Ayah of Surah Al-Baqarah (verse255). Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said it is the most important Ayah in the Quran. It is one of the four parts of Quran that are attached to Arsh (Allah’s Throne). The significance of the Ayatul-Kursi can be invoked from these sayings of prominent holy personalities. Hazrat Ali (R.A) said, “The Ayahs leader of Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.”
Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “Whoever recites the first 4 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last3 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran.”
Hazrat Ibn Masood (RA) said, “Allah the Lofty did not create anything in the skies or on earth, in Jannat or Jahannam, loftier than Ayatul Kursi.” Hazrat Ibn Masood (R.A) also mentioned that no space in the sky or on the earth is loftier than Ayatul Kursi.
Some benefits of great Ayat-ul-Kursi are as follows:
- Recitation of Ayat-u-Kursi in the morning will keep you under the protection of Allah till night.
- Always recite Ayat-u-Kursi when you are leaving for outside. Its recitation will keep you under the protection of angels.
- The person who recite Ayatul Kursi when you go to bed to be under the protection of Allah when you are sleeping.
- Who recite Ayat-u-Kursi daily basis will remain protected from devil and his mischief’s.
- If someone recite Ayat-al-Kursi on entering home, then poverty won’t enter that home
Hadiths about Ayat-ul-Kursi
- Abu Umaamah (RA) narrated that:
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:
“Whoever reads “Ayatul-Kursi” [Qur’an 2:255], after every obligatory prayer, nothing prevents him from entering Paradise except death (i.e. that he is still alive).”
(An-Nasaa’ee, Ibn Hibbaan – Sahih)
- Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said,
“Everything has a hump and the hump of the Quran is surah al-Baqarah. There is a verse in it that is the
chief of all verses of the Qur’an, the ayat ul-Kursi.”
- It is reported by at-Tabarani that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:“The one who recites Ayat-al kursi after the conclusion of an obligatory prayer, he is under the Care of Allah until the next prayer commences.”[at-Tabaraani’s At Targheeb wat-Tarheeb (2:435)]
- ‘Ali (RA) said:”I heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying while on his pulpit:‘Whoever reads Aayatul Kursi, (Quran 2:255), after each obligatory prayer,there is nothing which prevents him from entering Paradise except death,and it is only a righteous and pious worshipper who would persist in reciting it regularly.”[Al-Bayhaqi]Albaani classified it as authentic, and other scholars classified it as a sound narration
Ayatul Kursi Full | Beautiful Recitation With Arabic Text