All Ayahs of Quran has significance in their own some of them are more prominent one of them is Ayatul Kursi.
اللهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Importance of Ayatul Kursi
Reading the Holy Quran is a great way to overcome turmoil, anxiety and distress, and to relieve us. There is one particular Ayah in particular that Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wasallam spoke of, that is said to give its reader great benefits in this life and the afterlife – Ayatul Kursi (Surat Al-Baqarah 2:255), also known as the Verse of the Throne.
The narrations (hadith) that speak of the virtues, and benefits, of Ayatul Kursi are numerous.
Narrated Abu Huraira: Prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wasallam ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing of the foodstuff. I caught him and said, “I will take you to Allah’s Apostle!” Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said: That person said (to me), “Please don’t take me to Allah’s Apostle and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you. When you go to your bed, recite Ayatul Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn.” When the Prophet heard the story he said (to me), “He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan.” – Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 61 Hadith 530
Ayatul Kursi is an Ayah of Surah Al-Baqarah (verse255). Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said it is the most important Ayah in the Quran. It is one of the four parts of Quran that are attached to Arsh (Allah’s Throne). The significance of the Ayatul-Kursi can be invoked from these sayings of prominent holy personalities. Hazrat Ali (R.A) said, “The Ayahs leader of Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.”
Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “Whoever recites the first 4 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last3 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran.”
Hazrat Ibn Masood (RA) said, “Allah the Lofty did not create anything in the skies or on earth, in Jannat or Jahannam, loftier than Ayatul Kursi.” Hazrat Ibn Masood (R.A) also mentioned that no space in the sky or on the earth is loftier than Ayatul Kursi.
Some benefits of great Ayat-ul-Kursi are as follows:
- Recitation of Ayat-u-Kursi in the morning will keep you under the protection of Allah till night.
- Always recite Ayat-u-Kursi when you are leaving for outside. Its recitation will keep you under the protection of angels.
- The person who recite Ayatul Kursi when you go to bed to be under the protection of Allah when you are sleeping.
- Who recite Ayat-u-Kursi daily basis will remain protected from devil and his mischief’s.
- If someone recite Ayat-al-Kursi on entering home, then poverty won’t enter that home.
Hadiths about Ayat-ul-Kursi
- Abu Umaamah (RA) narrated that: The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:
“Whoever reads “Ayatul-Kursi” [Qur’an 2:255], after every obligatory prayer, nothing prevents him from entering Paradise except death (i.e. that he is still alive).”
(An-Nasaa’ee, Ibn Hibbaan – Sahih)
- Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said,
“Everything has a hump and the hump of the Quran is surah al-Baqarah. There is a verse in it that is the chief of all verses of the Qur’an, the ayat ul-Kursi.”
- It is reported by at-Tabarani that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:“The one who recites Ayat-al kursi after the conclusion of an obligatory prayer, he is under the Care of Allah until the next prayer commences.”[at-Tabaraani’s At Targheeb wat-Tarheeb (2:435)]
- ‘Ali (RA) said:”I heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying while on his pulpit:‘Whoever reads Aayatul Kursi, (Quran 2:255), after each obligatory prayer,there is nothing which prevents him from entering Paradise except death,and it is only a righteous and pious worshipper who would persist in reciting it regularly.”[Al-Bayhaqi]Albaani classified it as authentic, and other scholars classified it as a sound narration
Narrated by Ayfa’ ibn Abdul Kila’i
Ayfa’ told of a man who asked Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) which surah of the Qur’an was greatest and was told that it was “Say, He is Allah, One.” He asked which verse of the Qur’an was greatest and was told that it was the Throne Verse, “Allah, there is no god but He, the Living, the Eternal.” He asked Allah’s Prophet which verse he would like to bring good to him and his people and was told, “The end of Surat Al-Baqarah, for it is one of the treasures of Allah’s mercy from under His throne, which He gave to these people, and there is no good in this world and the next, which it does not include.”
Al-Tirmidhi – Hadith 2169
Narrated by Abu Huraira
Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “If anyone recites in the morning Ha-Mim al-Mu’min to ‘to Him is the final goal, and the Throne Verse, he will be guarded by them till the evening, and if anyone recites them in the evening he will be guarded by them till the morning.”
Al-Tirmidhi – Hadith 2144
May Allah protect us and give us success. Ameen.
Ayatul Kursi Full | Beautiful Recitation With Arabic Text