Benefits of Ajwa Dates [Ajwa Khajoor] According to Hadiths
Ajwa dates are the most favorite food of Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W). These are the unique kind of dates which are from Madina, the most beneficial and wholesome for the body and mental health. It is truly a ‘fruit of paradise’ as it reaps lots of health benefits.
- Science tells us that these dates are filled with vital minerals and other various nutrients that help our body grow, heal and continue to function normally. These nutrients consist of potassium which is essential for life and vital for the heart. Ajwa Dates also contain magnesium which helps keep your heart rhythm steady and keeps your bones strong.
- Ajwa Date also regulates your blood pressure and helps your kidneys function better.
- Calcium which is good for bone and teeth and plays a vital role like nerve signal transmission is also found in the Ajwa dates.
- Eating Ajwa dates daily can protect you against diseases like atherosclerosis which is a leading factor in most heart attacks and strokes.
- Consuming Ajwa dates also helps ease the pain of childbirth. In comparison to normal foods that we eat every day we obtain more nutrients and minerals as well as amino acids per serving.
- Ajwa Dates also contain a high percentage of carbohydrates, 15 salts and minerals, 14 types of fatty acids, 23 amino acids,six vitamins and many dietary fibers.
- According to a recent survey in the medical field, it is generally acknowledged that the consumption of Ajwa dates also helps prevent abdominal cancer.
- Dates help pacifies any feelings of hunger as the nutrition from the dates is being absorbed. Ajwa Dates are also one of the most versatile foods that help with the digestive process.
- It is believed that consumption of Ajwa dates helps keep your eyes healthy throughout your life and helps prevent night blindness.
The energy that is found in Ajwa dates can be used by couples to help them get pregnant and greatly increase their libido.
Hadiths About Ajwa Dates [Ajwa Khajoor]
Narrated by Saud; the Messenger (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,
“If Somebody takes seven ‘ajwa dates in the morning, neither magic nor poison will hurt him that day.”
[Sahih Bukhari, Book #71, Hadith #664 (also 663, 672)]
Hadith #5083 Narrated Sa’d: The Prophet [PBUH] said,
“If somebody takes some ‘Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be effected by poison or magic on that day till night.”
– (Another narrator said seven dates).
The Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) also said,
“Ajwa dates are from paradise.”
[Tirmidhi (2068) hasan Saheeh and it was authenticated by Shaikh al-Albaani]
Referring to eating seven Ajwa dates, the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said,
“He will not be harmed by anything until he reaches the evening.”
[Sahih Muslim (2047)
A’isha (RAA) reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
“The ‘Ajwa’ dates of ‘Aliya’ contain heating effects and these are antidote in the early morning.”
[Sahih Muslim, Book #023.]
Eating Dates and Magic
Al-Bukhaari (5445) and Muslim (2047) narrated from Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqas that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
“Whoever eats seven ‘ajwah dates in the morning, will not be harmed by any poison or witchcraft that day.”
Most of the scholars are of the view that this applies only to the dates of Madinah. And specifically to a particular type of the dates of Madinah, namely ‘ajwah dates, which grow in ‘Aaliyat al-Madinah. This is most likely to be correct, and it is the apparent meaning of the hadith.
Some scholars are of the view that it is general in meaning. And that all types of dates are efficacious against poison and witchcraft. Among those who were of this view among contemporary scholars are Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan as-Sa‘di, Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, and Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on them). [Islamqa]
Allah knows best.
Dates can be simply termed as a power pack of nutrients, despite their small size. One of the most interesting dates nutrition facts is that they are immensely rich in fiber and some of the crucial minerals like, potassium, calcium and magnesium. About 100 gm of dates can give 75 gm carbohydrates, 8 gm dietary fiber, 2 gm proteins and 0.39 gm fats. In addition to these, dates are an excellent source of carotenoids, which are the precursor of vitamin A.100 gm of dates also contain about 10 IU vitamin A, 0.4 mg vitamin C, 2.7 mcg vitamin K, 0.05 mg vitamin E, 19 mcg folate, 0.05 mg thiamine, 0.066 mg riboflavin, 1.27 mg niacin and 0.165 mg vitamin B6. As far as the mineral content of dates are concerned, 100 gm of dates can provide you approximately 39 mg calcium, 656 mg potassium, 43 mg magnesium, 62 mg phosphorus, 2 mg sodium, 1 mg iron, 0.29 mg zinc, 0.2 mg copper, 0.26 mg manganese and 3 mcg selenium.