Eid-Ul-Azha is almost near. Muslims across the world are getting ready for it. It is a time for celebration, but safety is the most important thing that shall not be overlooked during this Eid-Ul-Azha, so that celebration shall not be merged with tragedies.
Eid-Ul-Adha is not complete without a sacrificial animal. Be careful while buying a sacrificial animal, in the mandi (animal market), but try to keep a safe distance, and ask your children too. While slaughtering never forget to follow the instructions of a butcher.
The kitchen is one of the busiest places on Eid. It is the time when families and friends are joining in for trying delicious recopies and BBQ. Every mom seems to busy in the kitchen during this Eid. This makes it important for women to take care of all the basic food safety needs.
While working in the kitchen the most important things to do are:
1. Make Food In A Hygienic Environment:
The cleanliness of your kitchen is important across the year. You cannot take a risk with the health of your loved ones, by ignoring the hygiene of your cooking place. Eid-ul-Adha is about meat, so keep it away from fruits, salads, and vegetables to avoid cross contamination.
If you plan to make the food outside the kitchen or at home like BBQ or Grill, make sure to set aside containers and utensils to separate the meat until they are being eaten.
2. Handling The Raw Meat And Its Storage:
Tough all the moms working in a kitchen knows their rule, but still, make sure never to keep the uncooked and cooked meat together. Be careful that the blood or juice coming out of the uncooked meat does not get mixed with the cooked food by any chance.
Before refrigerating the meat, it shall be kept under a fan for almost 4 hours, and let dry completely.
Store the raw meat in air-tight packages or sealed containers so the drippings do not come out and contaminate other things in the refrigerator. It is advised not to refrigerate the meat for a longer period.
If you plan to take the raw meat outside the home for a BBQ, when you take it out from the refrigerator, store it in a portable cooler or with icepacks or portable coolers to make sure safe transportation of meat. Take out the meat from the cooler only if you are to begin BBQ, grill, or cook it.
3. Take The Safety Measures While Cooking Meat :
While the kitchen is a fun place to try new recipes this Eid, it could be a dangerous place, if all the kitchen safety tips are not followed. First put on some protective clothing, and shoes that cover your feet.
Do not rush away to the kitchen in your Eid high heels for cooking. Do not wear loose-fitting clothing, and remove all kinds of jewelry. Loose clothing can easily catch fire. Knot your hair before cooking, so that even a single strand of hair does not get inside the food you are preparing.
Do not get distracted while cooking. N phone calls or meeting with the guests. When you are coking, you are in front of the fire and gals, and playing dangerous already. A little mistake from your side can make your celebration into a fatal accident.
These important points to consider while cooking meat in the kitchen:
- Don’t leave the marinated meat n the kitchen counter. Marinate it in the refrigerator.
- Don’t mix the leftover marinate with the other uncooked meat.
- Never defrost meat at room temperature. Always do it in a microwave, fridge, or a bowl of cold water.
- The oil is too hot if it starts to smoke. Turn OFF the flame immediately, and let it cool first before you start cooking anything in it.
4. Safety For BBQ And Grilling:
No Eid-Ul-Azha is complete with BBQ or grilling, but these can provide substantial risks too. Grilling safety is not only important for the moms but for other family members and guests too.
A few important points to consider this Eid-Ul-Azha are:
- It is important to keep the grill at a reasonable distance from the building and other combustible materials. Though it is a cmm0m sense, most people ignore it. The safe placement of the grill is important to limit the possibility of damage in an event.
- Never leave the grills in use by an attendant. It is not only the responsibility of a mom, every sensible family member shall take a pain about it. We cannot take a risk with fire, it can get out of control within seconds.
- A basic point, that is quite often ignored by the m0ms is the cleanliness of the grill. The encrusted grease cannot be ignored, to make the celebration safe. Women are usually businesses on Eid, from slaughtering to cooking, and attending to the guests, so other family members shall take this responsibility.
- If you are using gas barbeques this Eid, and if the gas is finished or you witness any leaks in the piping, make sure to turn OFF the grill or barbeques before you change the cylinder. Otherwise, it can be risky.
- On Eid-Ul-Azha, always keep a fire extinguisher visible, and everyone shall know about it. Near a grill or barbeques, keep a bucket of sand, in case you do not have a fire extinguisher at home which is a must thing because it will be considered important once you are selling your house. Use a dry powder fire extinguisher. Never splash water on a burning fire, it can make the situation worst at times. With water, the burning greases may stop flaring up for some time, but the fire can spread later.
- Cut off the risk of firefrom the fat from meats and do not overload a single grill.
Eid-Ul-Adha is a special occasion for Muslims. it is a time for celebration, but brings on a hectic routine for moms, however, kitchen safety cannot be neglected in any way. Read out loud the above kitchen safety tips this Eid and stay safe. Happy Eid-Ul-Adha!
This content is written by Rafia Thair who provides guest-blogging and copywriting services. Her educational background in the technical field and business studies helps her in tackling topics ranging from career and business productivity to web development and digital marketing. She is a certified Quran Scholar and she occasionally writes articles for Gas Safety Certs.