Islamic Quotes about Namaz / Salah | Islamic prayer is known in Arabic language as Salat or Salah. While In India Pakistan and Bangladesh people most often people call it as Namaz. The Salah is the second pillar after Shahada. By praying Salah you are seeking nearness to Allah and are nurturing that relationship through worship. Allah has made prayer mandatory for all Muslims.
Quran Verses and Hadiths about Namaz (Salah):
And establish prayer and give zakah and bow with those who bow [in worship and obedience]. Surah Baqarah: 43
But those who hold fast to the Book and establish prayer – indeed, We will not allow to be lost the reward of the reformers. Surah Al-A’raf: 170
Who establish prayer and give zakah, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. Surah An-Naml: 3
And those who [carefully] maintain their prayer: They will be in gardens, honored. Surah Ma’arij: 34-35
And to establish the prayer and fear Him. And He (is) the One to Him you will be gathered.Surah Al Anam: 72
Ibn Umar (r.a.) narrates: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) stated the following:
“The place of prayer (salah) in religion is like the place of the head in the body.”
(Majmau’l-Awsat, 3:154, (2313.) Imam Tabarani, Mu’jamu’s-Saghir)
Abu’d-Darda (r.a) stated the following:
“My friend Muhammad (pbuh) gave me the following advice. Even if you are chopped up and burnt, do not associate partners with Allah and do not miss your fard prayers deliberately. Allah will move His protection away from a person who misses his fard prayers deliberately.”
(Musnad: 5/238, Al-Bani Sahih Ibn Majah: 3529, Bayhaqi)
The following is reported from Jabir Ibn Abdullah (r.a): The Prophet (pbuh) said,
“Between faith and unbelief is abandoning the prayer.” (
Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Musnad)
The following is reported from Hz. Abu Qatada: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said that Allah stated the following in a sacred hadith:
“I made it fard for your ummah to perform five daily prayers. And I made a promise to myself: If someone comes to me by paying attention to performing five daily prayers, I will send him to Paradise. I have nothing to say for the one who does pay attention to prayers.”
The following is reported from Abu Hurayra: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
“When man prostrates upon reciting a verse of prostration, Satan moves away from that place by crying and says, ‘I was destroyed. Man was ordered to prostrate and he did; thus, he deserved Paradise. I was also ordered to prostrate but I avoided prostrating. I deserve hellfire.’”
(from Sahih Muslim: 81)
Hadiths Source: questionsonislam.com
Islamic Quotes about Namaz / Salah
“If you want Allah to speak to you read the Quran, and if you want to speak to Allah stand up for prayer (Salah)” ~ Hasan Al Basri
Fajr = For a face that shines and illuminates,
Zuhr = For blessed wealth
Asr = For A Healthy, Strong Body
Maghrib = For Successful Chlidern
Ishq = For Restful Sleep.
“Begin your day with prayer, end it with prayer. Everything in between will fall into place. You’ll feel a sense of calm, your heart at ease.”
- Allah has time to listen: Do you have time to Pray?
- “Pray more and worry less.”
- “With strong imaan, prayers and sabr, You can get everything you have lost.”
- “Worrying will never change the outcome. Prayer will.”
“Prayer is your free wireless connection to reach Allah.”
- A muslim in sujood is stronger than a kind on his throne.
- Sometimes, All it takes is just one prayer to change everything.
- “Pray your daily Islamic Prayer (Salah or Namaz) because this life is very short and death can come at anytime.”
- “When you are praying Salah (Namaz), make sure you are not just physically but also mentally present there to offer Salat.”
Fajr, Dhur, Asr, Maghrib, Isha + Tahajud = Recipe for success.
- Sujood a love story no one will understand except Those you pray.
- “As long as you pray, there is a way.”
- “The sweetest sound I know is the Azan (Islamic call to prayer).”
- The beauty of Fajr, is knowing that Allah (S.W.T) chose you to be amongst those who worship him While the rest of the world sleeps.
Prayer is an amazing exchange. you hand over your worries to Allah and Allah hands over his blessings to you
- “Prayer is the primary source of nourishment for the soul.”
- We move our bodies, We Move our lips. But do we move our Hearts In Salah ?
- “When prayers (Namaz)become your habit, miracles will become your life style.”
Sins Take you away from Allah. Salah takes you back to Allah.
- For Centuries muslim woke up for Fajr without an Alarm clock. They Had Emaan.
- “Real Success calls fives times a day, every day but people are too busy to answer the calls because they are busy trying to be successful in worldly things that will not provide success hereafter.”
- We have no Right to walk on his land. If we dont have time to put our head in Sujood.
A man asked Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
What kinds of deeds are best in the sight of God. He replied
To pray on Time.
– Sahih Bukhari
“No matter how strong you are, you are still considered weak if you cannot lift your blanked for Fajr.”
Fajr -4 Mins. Zuhr – 12 Mins. ASR – 8 Mins. Maghrib – 7 Mins. ISHA – 17 Mins. 48 minutes a Day!
how can you argue you had no time to pray.
“Pray Salah(Namaz) and give peace to your soul and heart.”
- Turn each anxiety, fear and concern into dua. Seee it as another reason to be in Sujood the position in which you are closest to Allah.
- “Prayer(Salah)is the cure for a lost soul, confused mind, and for a broken heart.”
- “Salah is the key to all happiness and success.”
Who establish prayer and give zakah, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
Strange! how sensitive our ears are to the beep of our phones, Yet deaf to the Call of Salah.
And seek help through patience and prayer; and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allāh]
— Share these Islamic Quotes about Namaz / Salah with your friend and family —
- 4 GREAT BENEFITS OF TAJWEED THAT EVERY MUSLIM SHOULD KNOW!
- Islamic Quotes About Dhikr – Remembrance of Allah Quotes
- 35+ Powerful Islamic Quotes That Will Make Your Believe Stronger