A person who constantly and regularly does Istighfar will be forgiven by Allah Almighty. Allah will not punish the people who always do Istighfar.
Allah says in Holy Quran:
“But not is (for) Allah that He punishes them while you (are) among them, and not is Allah the One Who punishes them while they seek forgiveness.”
10 Duas for asking ‘Forgiveness from ALLAH’
1. Allah, I ask forgiveness of You for the injustice I committed against Your servants. Whomever of Your servants I have hurt, physically or in their dignity or in their property, give them of Your bounty which lacks nothing. And I ask You to honour me with Your mercy which encompasses all things. I am in great need of Your mercy, O Most Merciful of the merciful. Ameen.
2. O Allah please forgive all the Muslims of the Ummah, make their trials easy on them, and let us all meet in Jannah. Ameen
3. Allah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in this life and the next. O Allah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in my religious and worldly affairs, and my family and my wealth. O Allah, veil my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay. Ameen
4. O Allah, if tonight there is hatred in our hearts, change it to love. If our hearts are dirty make them clean. If our hearts got hurt, heal them. O Allah, please see our tears. Change the sorrow of anyone reading this prayer into happiness. Reserve your mercy for us Your servants, who love you so much. Forgive our sins Allah. Please forgive them. Ameen
5. Dear Allah. Tonight. And each night from tonight. Please forgive our sins. Open the doors of mercy to us all. Ameen
6. O Allah, I ask forgiveness of You for the injustice I committed against Your servants. Whatever of Your male or female servants whom I have hurt, physically or in their dignity or in their property give them of Your bounty which lacks nothing. And I ask You to honour me with Your mercy which encompasses all things. I am in great need of Your mercy, O Most Merciful of the merciful.
7. O Allah! Forgive our living and our dead, those who are with us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our men and our women. O Allah! Whomever you keep alive from us keep him alive on Islam, and whomever you take away from us, take him as a believer. Ameen
8. Dear Allah, You are my Lord and I am your slave. I regret all my sins and ask you for forgiveness. Forgive me because only you can forgive. Grant me Mercy as only you can grant Mercy. You are the Real King. Bless us always. I love you. Thank you for giving us Islam which is a real favour on us. Ameen
9. Ya Allah, please forgive my sins that I may have committed and please forgive the sins of my parents, children, brothers and sisters in Islam. Ameen.
10. “O Lord, my sins are like the highest mountain, my good deeds are so few. I turn to you, my heart full of shame, my eyes full of tears. Bestow Your mercy upon me” May Allah bless you all! Ameen.